First Culinary Lab

Id be lying if I said I knew I would be standing for 4 hours in Culinary lab. Don’t think I read that in the brochure, but it’s all good

and a great beginning for discipline and respect! The classical vegetable cuts turned out to be a bit trickier than I anticipated and I felt

a bit awkward, but I’m sure with practice and my family eating lots and lots of carrots in the next few weeks I will get it down. I just hope

they don’t turn orange first!

This is my second semester at Delhi and I have made a big change in my major, but I’m sure now that it was the right choice for me.

Looking forward to next lab, better cuts, and hopefully learn how to make a potato croquette that doesn’t fall apart on me! 🙂

3 thoughts on “First Culinary Lab”

1. Julie,

Sorry about that! Should’ve mentioned that four hour lab thing…wait until you take Restaurant class and you are there on Friday nights in lab from 1 till 10! But you’re right….it’s getting you ready for this line of work!

I’m so glad that you chose to be a part of the Hospitality Department. I think you’ll find the Culinary Arts program both very challenging and rewarding. And I’m confident your family will reap the benefits of your hard work!

2. On your dashboard, look for “links”, “add new” then copy and paste my address in….name it Professor Backus-Foster.